Managed WordPress hosting is becoming popular these days due to the following reasons:
- fast, reliable, scalable and secure web hosting servers optimized to host WordPress sites
- automatic WordPress core and plugin updates
- daily automatic WordPress backups
- optional CDN (content delivery networks) integration for faster page loading
- free SSL cerificates
- features like development tools, staging and cloning
- few sites on one server unlike shared hosting
- great support from WordPress experts
- and more extra unique premium features!
Recommended Managed WordPress Hosting for Starters
|Flywheel||Tiny||$14.00||5 GB||250 GB||5k||visit|
|WPEngine||Personal||$29.00||10 GB||250 GB||25k||visit|
* prices listed are in US dollars. prices and bandwidth/pageviews/visits shown are monthly. Most web hosts offer discount when you sign up for 12-months plan or give additional 1-3 months free hosting on annual WordPress hosting plans. Visit them for full features and latest offers on managed WordPress hosting plans.
List of Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
Choosing a managed WordPress hosting plan can give you a peace of mind as you just need to focus on your content and it’s promotion leaving the security and other technical aspects to your managed WordPress web hosting team! Top managed WordPress hosting providers and their hosting options are listed below.
|Cloud||Multiple||40 to 120 GB||5TB Data Transfer||$80 to $240||visit|
SiteGround is the most popular and affordable Managed WordPress hosting recommended even on the official WordPress site.
SiteGround Managed WordPress Hosting Features:
- Free WordPress Transfer - Transferring your WordPress website from one web host to another is not easy. For new customers, SiteGround offers one free WordPress transfer from your existing web host with zero downtime.
- Automatic WordPress core and plugin updates - which most WordPress web hosting companies doesn't provide! Automatic updates can protect your WordPress site from security issues.
- WordPress SuperCacher - SiteGround's own caching mechanism to speed up your WordPress sites without any other caching plugins. SuperCacher also allows your WordPress website speed optimization through memcached and Google page speed. SuperCacher is available on GrowBig and GoGeek plans.
- Free Cloudflare CDN - activate Cloudflare in just one click. Integrated in all SiteGround WordPress hosting plans.
- Free SSL Certificate integrated - activate Free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt with just one click.
- WP_CLI - command line interface for WordPress sites available on GoGeek plan.
- WordPress Staging - very helpful feature to create a copy of your live site and test the your changes instead of applying directly to your live WordPress site. This feature is available on GoGeek plan.
- Pre-Installed Git - interface for Git repo creation.
- Server at five locations.
- 24/7 Support.
- Built on the latest SSD hardware.
- Support PHP7 and HTTP/2.
- Free email accounts.
- Unlimited MySQL databases.
|Tiny||1||5 GB||250 GB||5000||$14||visit|
|Personal||1||10 GB||500 GB||25,000||$28||visit|
|Professional||1||20 GB||1 TB||100,000||$69||visit|
|Freelance||10||40 GB||4 TB||150,000||$100||visit|
|Agency||30||120 GB||8 TB||600,000||$250||visit|
Flywheel is one of the top managed WordPress hosting platform used by designers, agencies and professional WordPress bloggers.
Flywheel Managed WordPress Hosting Features:
- Collaboration - Flywheel allows you to collaborate easily and instantly with your team of designers. Your team members can log in to Flywheel dashboard with their own usernames and passwords. They can view and manage all their sites in one place. With just one login, you can manage all your sites, upload files via SFTP and modify the databases. You can also remove access from members when the project is over.
- Local by Flywheel - great app from Flywheel to install WordPress locally to your Mac or Windows PC.
- Blueprints - this feature becomes very handy when you manage multiple WordPress sites and you always install set of few common/favorite themes or plugins to all these sites. Blueprints from Flywheel helps you to create a custom configuration consisting of your favorite WordPress theme and plugins. When you create a new WordPress site in Flywheel, you can start from these Blueprints and save time!
- Site Staging - required feature if you experiment latest WordPress updates, new themes and plugins and other WordPress tweaks in a sandbox environment without affecting the live site. You can push the changes into your live WordPress site when ready just with a single click. You can also move changes from your live WordPress site to staging site or vice versa.
- Site Cloning - allows you to take a copy of your live WordPress site and recreate it as a new WordPress site or add it to an existing bulk plan.
- Transfer Billing to Clients - another excellent feature from Flywheel where you can send your client an invitation to a secure payment form where they can pay quickly and easily. You will still remain a collaborator via Flywheel with full access.
- Free Demo Sites - you can set up demo WordPress sites for free on Flywheel. Once it's ready to launch, you can either pay on your own or transfer billing and WordPress site ownership to your client.
- Free SSL Certificate - from Let’s Encrypt is integrated and can be activated on your domains with just one-click.
- Daily Backups - your WordPress sites are backed up automatically every night and stored for 30 days. You can restore at any time.
- Free Migrations - migrate your WordPress site from your old web host to Flywheel for free.
- Global Data Centers - choose from data centers in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Simple yet Powerful Dashboard - beautifully designed!
- Speed - WordPress caching at the server level without any messy plugins. Optional premium Content Delivery Network (CDN) available for large requirements.
- Security - proactively scan and block malware and hacking attempts at the server level without any WordPress security plugins.
|Premium||150||100 – 300 GB||1 Million +||visit||visit|
|Enterprise||150||400 GB – 1 TB||5 Million +||visit||visit|
|Enterprise-1||60||80 GB||1 million||$600||visit|
|Enterprise-2||80||40 GB||1.5 million||$900||visit|
|VPS-1||30||(not mentioned)||(not mentioned)||$499||visit|
|VPS-2||60||(not mentioned)||(not mentioned)||$999||visit|
|VPS-1+ [HA]||30||(not mentioned)||(not mentioned)||$1249||visit|
|VPS-2+ [HA]||60||(not mentioned)||(not mentioned)||$2249||visit|
|Business Plus||50||40 GB||Unlimited||1 million||$500||visit|
StudioPress Sites visit
|Content||1||Flexible||No traffic limits||$27||visit|
|Commerce||1||25 GB||No traffic limits||$37||visit|
|Synthesis||1||35 GB||No traffic limits||$47||visit|
|Digital Ocean||Unlimited||25 to 3480 GB||1 to 12 TB||$10 to $1035||visit|
|Linode||Unlimited||20 to 1530 GB||1 to 20 TB||$12 to $860||visit|
|Vultr||Unlimited||25 to 800 GB||1 to 15 TB||$11 to $730||visit|
|Amazon Web Services||Unlimited||4 GB||2 TB||$36.04 to $1973.68||visit|
|Google Cloud Platform||Unlimited||20 GB||2 TB||$34.17 to $1286.80||visit|
|Kyup||Unlimited||20 to 160 GB||2 TB||$21.16 to $531.22||visit|
Are you already using any of these managed wordpress hosting listed above? If yes, how is your experience? Let us know in the comments section below!